When you’re too tired to cook or shop and need to rely on a larder staple for a quick meal, this is one of my favourite fall backs. It’s great loaded into baked potatoes, with buttered crackers, on healthy celery, or to jazz up cold roast chicken or a pack of prawns. In my book, as you will soon learn, a pack of prawns always makes my day better 😉
- 1 tin of artichokes, drained
- A) 1 small tub of Philadelphia and 1 dessert spoon of mayonnaise, OR
- B) 3 dessert spoons of mascarpone cheese / cream cheese
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of chilli – you can go mild or as hot as you like with this element!
- Sea salt & milled black pepper to taste
Put all of the above in a food processor and whizz it for a few minutes ’til all the ingredients are mixed.
That’s it. Seriously, that’s it. I like to chill it for 15mins or so it sets like a paté for spreading on crackers, however if you eat it straight away it’s more like a dip. It’s delicious 🙂
The more cheese you use, the more like a paté it is. If you want it more ‘dip’ like, add a bit of crème fraiche or some more mayo.
NB For new readers: I live in a kitchenless, hot water-less, hobless house mid-selfbuild & renovations, hence these simple / effective / hearty recipes and food advice for others in the same boat. This isn’t an expert blog for expert foodies with all the gadgets either, so don’t get all prissy if I use cheating additions and never boil / pan fry anything… because I can’t! x